from Food & Art Correspondent Juliane Porter
Founder of Style Nectar
This gorgeous, layered Chocolate Covered Strawberry Shake, inspired by Pure Food & Wine, will make your Valentine (and you) very happy! Combining the sexy super food maca, known for its aphrodisiacal qualities, with decadent chocolate and strawberries… well it just doesn’t get sexier than that!
Treat your honey to this deliciously creamy treat for breakfast in bed or as a post-dinner aphrodisiac. Serve it layered as shown by using a large spoon to direct the top layer toward the edges of the glass (pouring right down the middle will cause the 2nd layer to disappear into the first). Or just blend it all together- either way it will taste phenomenal!
Happy Valentine’s Day!!
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Shake (Serves 2)
Recipe adapted from Pure Food & Wine
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 cup really ripe (dark spots everywhere!) frozen banana
- 3 cups almond milk
- 1 tablespoon maca powder
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- stevia to taste
- pinch Himalayan or Celtic Sea Salt
- 1 heaping tablespoon cacao powder (wait & add to second half)
- a sprinkling of cacao nibs (for garnish)
- Blend all the ingredients, EXCEPT the cacao powder and garnish, in a heavy-duty blender (such as a Vitamix) until smooth and creamy.
- Pour half the mixture into two glasses to form the bottom, strawberry colored layer.
- Add cacao to remaining mixture in Vitamix and blend.
- Pour 2nd half over 1st layer into glasses using a large soup spoon to direct the layers toward the insides of the glass, turning the glass as you pour to achieve a complete top chocolate layer. DON’T pour right into the middle of the glass or the 2nd layer will totally disappear into the strawberry layer. Just go slowly and do your best. No matter what it looks like, it will be amazingly delicious.
- Garnish with a sprinkling of cacao nibs & two straws. Trot yourself back upstairs and snuggle under the covers with your sweetie to enjoy your treats:-)
What are your plans for Valentine’s Day this year?
You may also enjoy these Valentine’s Day Treats…
StyleNectar ~ A Fusion of Art, Food & Style